Slag Cement, has been incorporated into concrete projects for over a century to improve durability and reduce life cycle costs. Among its measurable benefits in concrete are better workability and finish ability, higher compressive aggressive chemicals.
Tiger Portland Blast Furnace Slag Cement is special blended cement with low heat of hydration characteristics for mass concreting. Concrete produced using Portland Blast Furnace Slag Cement has chloride and sulphate resisting properties with improved durability.
Standards and Specifications of Portland Blast Furnace Slag Cement
Different standards are used for classification of Portland Blast Furnace Slag Cement. Tiger Cement complies with the following Standard.
Advantages of Slag Cement Over Ordinary Portland Cement
- Higher Ultimate Strength
- Lower Heat of Hydration
- Better Sulphate/ Chloride resistance
- Better Workability
- Less Bleeding
- Greater Pore Filling Capacity
- Reduced Permeability
- Greater Durability
- Reduced Risk of Alkali-Silica Reaction With Aggregates
- Lighter Color And Better Finishing
Application of Slag Cement
- Mass concrete foundations and dam which require low heat of hydration.
- Marine concrete structures exposed to sea water and sulphates.
- Water retaining structures where improvement in impermeability is essential.
- Sub-structure, bored piles, pre-case piles and products positioned in soil containing chlorides or moderate content of sulphates.
- Concrete which may consist of alkali reactive aggregates